Saturday, February 22, 2014

Why Do People Cheat

Let me ask you a simple question. Why do people cheat? Is it the thrill of the victory that is needed? Is it like an addiction where the need outweighs any other consideration?
I have always wondered about this. Trying to cheat on a school test was very difficult for me. I could lie, almost plagiarize and maybe even pilfer. But to cheat was different. It felt like breaking some holy rule that left me feeling like less of a person. I could cut corners, misrepresent and just downright make up things. But there I was, I could not cheat.

They say even thieves have honor, a code by which they follow. Was it personal honor that made do the best I could without cheating? Was it honor that said tome, "Come what may, do it on your own."

No man is perfect, Lord knows I am not. I guess cheating is just a lack of honor. I will try to hold on to that.

photo credit: El Bibliomata via photopin cc
Posted via Composer

A repost from:  http://po.st/Q04vz6

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the beginning of what I hope will be something great.

Please Donate to help us create ways to help those who are socially disadvantaged.